Vegan Pumpkin Pie and Whipped Cream
2½ cups pecans ¼ cup well packed chopped dates pinch sea salt 1. In a food processor, process pecans and salt adding dates slowly until crusts sticks together. 2. Press crust into a 9 inch pie pan, spring form pan, or tart pans
3 cups butternut squash (I like to steam it, but if you want to use raw then I would shred it) 1½ cups coconut milk* ¼ cup maple syrup ½ tbsp vanilla 1/8 tsp sea salt 5 tsp pumpkin pie spice 2 tbsp lecithin ½ cup coconut butter
- Blend all ingredients except lecithin and coconut butter until smooth.
- Add lecithin and coconut butter and blend well.
- Pour into pie crust and set in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
1 cup coconut milk* 1 cup cashews ¼ cup raw honey or maple syrup 2 tbsp lecithin 1 tsp pure vanilla 1 tsp lemon juice ½ cup melted coconut oil pinch sea salt
- Blend in Vitamix until smooth.
*Note: To make coconut milk, blend 1/4 cup dried, shredded coconut with 1 cup water, until completely smooth and creamy.
For more of my tasty Thanksgiving Recipes, check out my Living Thanksgiving Recipe Book!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.