1 c. flour 1/2 c. salt 2 tsp. cream of tartar 1 c. water 2 tbsp. oil 1 tsp. food coloring
- Combine 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup salt and 2 teaspoons cream of tartar in a large saucepan.
- Gradually stir in 1 cup water mixed with 2 tablespoons oil and 1 teaspoon food coloring.
- Cook over medium to high heat, stirring constantly until a ball forms.
- Optional: add your favorite essential oil for a nice scent
- Remove from heat, cool and knead until smooth on wax paper.
- Store in an airtight container
Note: A friend of mine used this as a party gift for her daughters birthday party by putting all the ingredients in a kit with directions for the kids to take home. This would also be a great idea for the holidays!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Spending my days trying to keep a 3 and 2 year old busy is not easy, so I was excited when my daughters preschool teacher asked for volunteers to make playdough for their class. This was my first time using this recipe and it is by far the best one I have tried. The playdough comes out soft and pliable and it was fun making all kinds of new colors. The best part of it all was how proud and excited my daughter was to bring it to class the next day. I love this DIY recipe because the ingredients are safe and I don't have to worry about anyone taking a nibble ;)
Also in Raw Blog
Pick up a couple of extra pumpkins this weekend and put this tasty soup on while you carve your Halloween masterpiece
A healthy body is one of the most valuable assets you can have. With proper exercise and nutrition, you can wake up every day feeling more vibrant than ever before. While maintaining your health can be easy, getting started is much more challenging. If you