The ultimate comfort food, but this one is low calories and packed with nutrition, fiber, and protein! This recipe is part of my Slim and Sassy Week 1 meal plan and always get rave reviews!
1 cup chopped onion 2 cups chopped carrots 2 cups frozen peas 4 cloves garlic, peeled 1/2 cup tomato paste 2 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
or 2 tsp dried rosemary 1/2 tsp black pepper 2 cups dried green or brown lentils 6 cups water 1 tsp sea salt I also like adding a TBSP of Mediterranean seasoning
5-6 large Idaho potatoes, steamed or boiled
1/2 cup or more of rice or almond milk 1 tsp sea salt
- Blend all the mashed potato ingredients with a hand mixer adding milk to desire texture.
- Sauté onion, carrot, and peas until slightly tender.
- Add garlic, rosemary, and black pepper and cooked for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, lentils, water, and salt and simmer on medium heat for 30 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Place stew in a casserole dish and spread mashed potatoes over the top.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes then serve.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.