lar health food especially paired with your favorite fruit or granola. Why is yogurt good for you? Our body needs to have a healthy amount of ''good'' bacteria in the digestive tract for good health, and many yogurts are made using good bacteria, otherwise known as probiotics
What if you are vegan or dairy free? I have the perfect recipe for you! This is so easy and absolutely delicious!
Coconut Milk Yogurt
3 cans of organic coconut milk
1 probiotic capsule, I used 100 billion Garden of Life
(you can also try Renew Life and MegaFoods MegaFlora) Mason jar with lid You can do this 2 ways depending on how thick you want your yogurt.
- For regular consistency: pour all 3 cans of coconut milk into a large mason jar along with the probiotic powder and stir
- For thicker consistency: open the can and scoop only the solid cream out with very little water into the jar with the probiotic powder and stir. I did it this way and in retrospect I would have just purchased coconut cream instead.
- Once you have your jars ready just set them on your counter with a bit of light and wait 24 + hours. You can also place it your oven with the light on.
- Once its ready you can flavor it or enjoy it as is.
- Be sure to keep it refrigerated.
- I made a parfait with strawberries, kiwis, and a drizzle of maple syrup!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
One of the most common things people tell me they miss when trying to go dairy free is yogurt. Greek yogurt has become a very popu